Students, please be aware of a recent loan forgiveness scam. Students have reported a phone call from a Wisconsin area code (262) stating that their loans are in default and that they have options available for them. This is NOT a reliable resource for you. To view your federal loan status, please visit: www.nslds.gov. If you have questions, please contact us directly at 616-331-3234 or email@example.com.
Grand Valley State University
Long Term Loan Office - 1049 JHZ
Allendale, MI 49401
Simply follow these directions to access your account.
1) Open Internet Explorer and go to myloan.gvsu.edu
2) For security purposes, you will need to call the Student Accounts Office at 616-331-2209 to get your student id number and password. One you have been given this information, you can login.
3) You will be prompted to enter your birth date for identity confirmation. Please enter in mm/dd/yyyy format.
4) When authenticated, it will take you to the change password screen; you will need to enter at least 7 characters (letters and/or numbers) along with one special character.
5) After successfully changing your password, you will be redirected to a register screen. Enter your email address for e-notification purposes. This screen will also ask you to set up a security question and answer which will be used in case you forget your password. After providing all of the details on this screen, click on the register button.
6) After successful registration, you can go to the home page to view your information and options. From the home page, you may choose to have your correspondences sent to you via email. This will ensure that you will receive all notifications for your bills, correspondence and exit interviews at your selected email address. To choose email notification, go to personal information and click on profile. Then click on the "update" box. Please help us conserve paper by selecting "email" for your Billing/Correspondence Method.
7) On each page there are links on the left navigation menu which you can expand by clicking on the plus sign + next to the link name.
8 ) On the top right corner of each page, there is a help link that provides page information.
Any questions, please contact our office at 616-331-2209
We strive to provide timely and accurate financial data to the students and the University and to collect all money owed to the University while maintaining a pleasant and courteous disposition