High School Seniors
- Complete an Undergraduate Application to Grand Valley State University.
- Research major/minors of interest. Three popular majors for students pursuing the PAS program are: Allied Health Sciences/Health Professions, Exercise Science, and Biomedical Sciences. However, the PAS program does not require or promote a specific major.
- Meet with an advisor in the College of Health Professions Student Services Office in your first semester to discuss major/minor options. To schedule an appointment call the College of Health Professions at 616-331-5900.
- Submission of the GVSU Graduate Application to the PAS program typically happens in the final fall semester (by September 16th) of the students' undergraduate program.
Students transferring to GVSU to complete their undergraduate degree and/or the PAS prerequisite course work should complete an Undergraduate Application.
- We strongly encourage students to transfer to Grand Valley by the beginning of their junior year to ensure completion of their undergraduate degree and PAS application requirements.
- Transfer students should consult with a College of Health Professions Advisor prior to or upon acceptance to GVSU to create an academic plan for their undergraduate major/minor and to review PAS admission requirements. Advising appointments can be made by calling the College of Health Professions at 616-331-5900.
- Submission of the GVSU Graduate Application to the PAS program typically happens in the final fall semester (by September 16th) of the students undergraduate program.
Students who have substantially completed the 500+ hours of hands-on patient care, prerequisite courses, and their undergraduate degree requirements are encouraged to apply. However, ALL admission requirements must be completed by May 1st prior to the start of the professional curriculum in late August of that same year.
The application deadline is September 16th of the calendar year preceding the year the student wishes to begin the professional curriculum. The GVSU Graduate Application and supplementary materials must be received and dated on or before September 16th for the application to be considered for admission the following fall (August).
Students who have not completed all admission requirements at the time of application must include a brief statement detailing how they will complete requirements by May 1st.
Students can meet with a faculty member of the PAS program or an Advisor in the College of Health Professions Student Services Office regarding application and admissions procedures. To schedule an appointment please call the College of Health Professions at 616-331-5900.
Application Timeline (Approximate)
September 16th - Application deadline
September/October - Review of all applications
October and November - Interviews for Fall 2014
January - Invitations to new cohort sent
Submit all application materials to:
Grand Valley State University
1 Campus Drive
Allendale, MI 49401-9403
Page last modified March 7, 2014