Preparatory Steps for Application
High School Seniors
- Complete an Undergraduate Application to Grand Valley State University.
- Research major/minors of interest. Three popular majors for students pursuing the PAS program are: Allied Health Sciences/Health Professions, Exercise Science, and Biomedical Sciences. However, the PAS program does not require or promote a specific major.
- Meet with an advisor in the College of Health Professions Student Services Office in your first semester to discuss major/minor options. To schedule an appointment call the College of Health Professions at 616-331-5900.
- Submission of the GVSU Graduate Application to the PAS program typically happens in the final fall semester (mid-September) of the students' undergraduate program.
Students transferring to GVSU to complete their undergraduate degree and/or the PAS prerequisite course work should complete an Undergraduate Application.
- We strongly encourage students to transfer to Grand Valley by the beginning of their junior year to ensure completion of their undergraduate degree and PAS application requirements.
- Transfer students should consult with the College of Health Professions Student Services Office prior to or upon acceptance to GVSU to create an academic plan for their undergraduate major/minor and to review PAS admission requirements. Advising appointments can also be made by calling the College of Health Professions at 616-331-5900.
- Submission of the GVSU Graduate Application to the PAS program typically happens in the final fall semester (mid-September) of the student’s undergraduate program.
- Meet with an advisor in the College of Health Professions Student Services Office as soon as possible to discuss previous coursework and equivalency to PAS prerequisite coursework. To schedule an appointment call the College of Health Professions at 616-331-5900.
Students whose first language is not English should be able to speak and write in fluent English and submit the following materials:
- Official TOEFL test with minimum 600 score or equivalent computer based TOEFL 250
- Original or certified original transcripts
- Official transcript credential information (e.g. WES, ECE)
- Transcripts demonstrating 30 hours of higher education coursework taken at an established & accredited U.S. institution.
Hope Articulation Agreement
GVSU and Hope College have an articulation agreement in which two current Hope College students are granted acceptance into the PAS program if the student:
- Currently is enrolled as an undergraduate at Hope College
- Meets the GVSU PAS admission requirements
- Submits the application by the application deadline
- Completes the interview process
For further information, Hope college students should contact an advisor at Hope College
For specific information regarding application requirements, click here
Page last modified April 8, 2014