Poster Presentation (Oral)
You will be standing next to your poster for one hour during the event. During this time you will be interacting with participants who will stop to view your poster. Consider the following tips that will maximize your presentation success.
- Dress professionally
- Stand next to your poster so that viewers can easily identify its author.
- Establish eye contact with viewers so they know you are eager to answer their questions or discuss your work.
- Prepare a short statement that carefully walks viewers through your figures
- Briefly state the hypothesis or point of your work, address a few key pieces of data or information, and summarize your conclusions.
- Point to specific key parts of your poster as you explain your work.
- Speak to the viewers as you explain your poster.