As part of the S3 Program, each Summer Scholar will make a formal presentation at the Student Summer Scholars Showcase. This presentation can be a performance, poster presentation, or an oral presentation. As many scholars will still be immersed in the research, or creative process, this Showcase is an exhibition of their work thus far and may differ from their final report and formal Student Scholars Day Presentations.
The format of the S3 Showcase is similar to Student Scholars Day (SSD). The event generally is about 3 hours in length and includes a dinner for Scholars, Mentors, and guests. Scholars are expected to provide an abstract prior to Showcase, and make either an oral or poster presentation at Showcase. The SSD website has useful information on how to create an abstract, poster presentation, or oral presentation for Showcase.
Printing a Poster
The S3 Program will cover the $25 cost of printing your poster for Showcase and Student Scholars Day. Further printing costs for outside conference presentations will come from your dissemination funds. Be sure to include the OURS logo on your poster.
Please follow these steps:
- Contact OURS for approval
- OURS will give your name to the IT Help Desk to cover the cost
- Bring your poster file to the Atrium Level (bottom floor) of the Mary Idema Pew Library
- Ask the IT Help Desk employees for assistance with printing your poster on the plotter
- The plotter is located on the Atrium Level (bottom floor) of the Mary Idema Pew Library and is available anytime the IT Help Desk is staffed (which should be all open hours of the Library)