2013 Student Summer Scholars
- "Exercise Induced Neurogenesis Using A Crayfish Model System"
- Faculty Mentor: Dan Bergman
- "Reviving German-American Musical Culture: The Works of William Henry Pommer"
- Faculty Mentor: Lisa Feurzeig
- "Geomorphic Characterization of the Grand River near Grand Rapids: Baseline Data Collection and Predicted Dam Removal Effects"
- Faculty Mentor: Peter Wampler
- "Structural analysis of β-lactamase/drug complexes"
- Faculty Mentor: Dave Leonard
- "Assessing the light requirements for E3 complex assembly in Arabidopsis thaliana"
- Faculty Mentor: Matthew Christians
- "Effect of telomerase inhibitors on malignant breast cancer cells"
- Faculty Mentor: Osman Patel
- "Detection of Hdc deletions generated by transposon excision in Drosophila"
- Faculty Mentor: Martin Burg
- "A Study of Oboe Reeds"
- Faculty Mentors: Karen Gipson & Marlen Vavrikova
- "A landscape genetic analysis of eastern box turtles (Terrapene carolina carolina)"
- Faculty Mentor: Jennifer Moore
John Gravelyn, MS3
- "The Trainer Project"
- Faculty Mentor: John Farris
- "Polymer-Nanoparticle Interactions Studied with Positrons"
- Faculty Mentor: Richard Vallery
- "Kit Production and Survival From Birth Through Independence of American Marten in West Michigan"
- Faculty Mentors: Paul Keenlance & Joseph Jacquot
- "Creating a Performing Edition of Sousa Opera"
- Faculty Mentor: Kevin Tutt
- "The Administration of the Hajj: An Analysis of the operation and logistics of the Islamic Pilgrimage"
- Faculty Mentor: Sebastian Maisel
Kayla Lockmiller, MS3
- "TOC, C/N, δN15, and δC13 of Shales from the Mississippian Michigan Formation, Western Michigan"
- Faculty Mentor: Patricia Videtich
- "An analysis of tibia of Paralouatta varoni, an extinct primate from Cuba"
- Faculty Mentor: Melissa Tallman
Alice Munday, MS3
- "'Such is War': Union Surgeon George M. Trowbridge and the Personal Perils of Slavery and Race in the American Civil War"
- Faculty Mentor: Scott Stabler
- "The effects of extra-pair copulations on the sexual transmission of microbes in Tree Swallows"
- Faculty Mentors: Michael Lombardo & Patrick Thorpe
- "Can drugs for Alzheimer's disease be of benefit in glaucoma?"
- Faculty Mentor: David Linn
- "The role of CBL10 in stamen development in Arabidopsis"
- Faculty Mentor: Margaret Dietrich
- "A bioassessment of the butterflies and leafhoppers of the rare alvar ecosystem of the Maxton Plains Preserve"
- Faculty Mentor: James Dunn
Aubriana Spenski, MS3
- "Mechanisms of American Marten Kit Independence and Dispersal in West Michigan"
- Faculty Mentors: Joseph Jacquot & Paul Keenlance
- "A Tale of Two Cities: Concluding analysis of Nato3 function in the midbrain and investigation of Nato3 regulation by phosphorylation in the developing embryo"
- Faculty Mentor: Merritt Taylor
Hollister Swanson, Koeze Fellow
- "Structure/function studies that identify an inhibitor of the class C beta-lactamase, ADC-7"
- Faculty Mentor: Brad Wallar
- "Economic Context and Civic Engagement: the Effects of Localism in Four Michigan Cities"
- Faculty Mentor: Whitt Kilburn
Adam Terwilliger, MS3
- "Do We Need to Analyze Spectra by Hand?"
- Faculty Mentor: Richard Lord
- "Identifying The Anatomical Traits Most Important To The Distribution Of Lower-Trunk Epiphytes In El Yunque National Forest, Puerto Rico"
- Faculty Mentor: Gary Greer
Josephine Werner, MS3
- "Novel inhibitors for class D β-lactamases"
- Faculty Mentor: Rachel Powers
- "Effect Of Fatty Acid Structure On Endothelial Cell Connexin 43 Levels"
- Faculty Mentor: David Kurjiaka