OURS Grant Reimbursement Process
Each OURS grant recipient is allocated a budget for their project. This budget is determined by the application process and varies depending on the needs of the research or creative project. OURS Grant recipients and their mentors are responsible for monitoring this budget and initiating any reimbursements.
Out-of-Pocket Reimbursement Process
All reimbursements need to be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship on a Travel and Expense voucher. Use the FIRST "Excel file to fill out and print" listed on the page for travel, and use the THIRD "Excel file to fill out and print" for supplies. All University guidelines and procedures apply. The procedure described below applies for reimbursement of project supplies and travel for project research.
More instructions on how to complete the Travel and Expense forms can be found on the example forms below:
Follow the process noted below:
1. Make your purchase for supplies for your research. Be sure to save original receipts.
2. SAVE YOUR RECEIPT – keep it in good condition so it is easily copied and scanned.
•As part of the reimbursement process it is required that receipts smaller than half a sheet of paper (8 ½ X 5 ½) be taped to an 8 ½ x 11 piece of paper.
•No staples are allowed.
•You may put as many receipts on the paper as you can without overlapping any of the information or edges of the 8 ½ x 11. You may use both sides of the paper and you may use more than one sheet if necessary. Make sure that all information is readable and not covered by the tape.
•Please do not use highlighters to identify your reimbursable expense, instead circle the appropriate items (Highlighters and tape may degrade the ink before the document can be scanned into the University's imaging system for record keeping.)
3. Fill out the reimbursement form (FULLY). Be detailed.
4. Sign the form as a claimant.
5. Send receipt(s) and form to Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship, 181 LOH.
6. Record your expenditures in your budget tracking sheet.
7. Please note that check processing can take anywhere from 7 to 10 business days. Consider using direct deposit for Travel and Expense reimbursements. It is separate from the payroll direct deposit and requires completion of a separate form.
Please contact Shelley Sickrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 331-8100 with questions or concerns regarding the above described process.
Department Fund Transfer Process
Departmental fund transfers will be made through OnBase. The department coordinator should contact Shelley Sickrey at email@example.com or (616) 331-8100 with questions or concerns regarding this process.
Page last modified March 5, 2013