Mission: To empower, advocate, and educate new and returning students who identify with the Latino culture as they pursue their social and academic endeavors. Through the implementation of effective programming, community outreach, and the support of faculty/staff mentors, Hermanos aims to increase Latino male retention, progression, graduation and leadership.
Vision: The vision of the Latino Male Scholar Initiative (Hermanos) is to foster a safe place for Latino male development. With established relationships with faculty, staff and community organizations, students will feel connected, included and motivated to be emerging leaders.
- Increase retention, graduation and sense of belonging at Predominantly White Institutions
- Help with the transition for new students
- Create a safe place for Latino males to discuss obstacles, barriers and ultimately successes
- Connect students with faculty mentors
- Be a resource for students transitioning into post graduation
- Increase student involvement
- Addressing issues facing the community at large through activism, service learning and community outreach/partnership