Description of Responsibilities Self-Study Steering Committee Members
The Self-Study Steering Committee's principle charge is to organize, direct and coordinate the preparation of the Self-Study for submission to the HLC NCA with an expected site visit, Fall 2008. Throughout the self-study process committee members are expected to:
- Serve as the coordinating body of the self-study.
- Provide oversight of the self-study.
- Become very familiar with the NCA criteria for accreditation as well as the Commission's statements on diversity, general education and assessment of student learning, and with NCA's cross cutting themes.
- Communicate with the campus community and external constituents to facilitate an understanding of the self-study, and to facilitate internal and external constituents input and feedback into the process and substance of the self-study.
- Attend the HLC's Annual Conference and participate in the self-study workshop.
- Chair subcommittees of the steering committee.
- Recruit membership and participation in subcommittees from GVSU's internal and external constituencies.
- Develop specific instructions for subcommittees.
- Schedule submission of materials.
- Integrate committee reports.
- Evaluate data in reports as they are submitted.
- Address the cited challenges from the 1999 NCA Site Team to GVSU.
- Other duties.