Performing Arts Expansion
Grand Valley State University is investing $20 million for an addition and renovations to the Performing Arts Center in Allendale.
Construction began in May and will be completed in August 2017.
The two-story, 44,000-square-foot addition will be on the east side of the existing Performing Arts Center and include:
• Three ensemble rooms (New Music, Early Music, Jazz)
• New student study space
• Enlarged student study space in the building's primary lobby (Louis Armstrong Theatre)
• Seven offices, storage space
• A black box theater that will seat approximately 140 people
• Associated theater support spaces, including theater lab, four dressing rooms
• Two theater classrooms
Read more in this MLive article.
First Floor Plan
Second Floor Plan
Want to stay up to date on Music and Dance happenings? Get connected: