2013 Volunteer Information
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Science Olympiad!
The Regional Tournament will be held Saturday, March 23, 2013 on the GVSU Allendale campus. We are in need of approximately 300 volunteers to help with one of the largest regional tournaments in the nation.
All volunteers must register online this year. Please read the following information and then follow the links below to register.
1) Volunteers are needed in shifts from 7:30am until 4:30pm. You may sign up for part of the day or all day.
2) All volunteers need to register by March 1. You will be notified by email of your assignment approximately two weeks before the tournament.
3) Some volunteer positions involve helping with specific events. Other assignments include general tasks - information booths, check in table attendees, and impound. Please understand that there are no guarantees for requested assignments.
4) All volunteer positions must be filled and are crucial to the success of the tournament. If you are unable to fulfill your commitment we need you to find a replacement.
5) Since volunteers will be working with minors, we need to perform a criminal background check to ensure the safety of the children. You will be asked to give your driver's license number and your consent for the check.
Volunteers from K-12 Schools and Community
In order to have enough volunteers for the tournament, each school needs to provide at least 3 volunteers (other than a coach). Only adults may volunteer. Please click here to register. Thank you!
Map of GVSU Allendale campus
GVSU Student Volunteers
On the form, you will have a chance to indicate a specific event or professor you would like to work with. To see the schedule with the events follow the links to the middle school (B events) and the high school (C events).
Please click here to register. Thank you!
Page last modified February 26, 2013