The Latte Factor: An Eye-Opener
By eliminating the small expenses in your life, you can save a ton of money!
How often do you stop by a coffee shop or convenience store for a quick and easy coffee/snack? I know it is quick and easy, but how much are they (or you) paying for that convenience? There is nothing wrong with indulging in a favorite beverage once in a while, but the reality is that these are not treats, they are habits.
The Cost of Convenience:
Let's take a look at how much your favorite beverage is costing you.:
- $4 a day, 3 days a week, becomes $12 a week.
- $12 a week becomes $48 a month.
- $48 a month becomes $576 a year!
Sure, it takes a year to all add up, but do you know what you can do with $576?
The point here is that by eliminating a habit you would not even have thought twice last week, you can save yourself some cash.
It's All about Substituting:
Yes, you can still have your favorite beverage. There are lots of ways to get your wants, but this is only after your needs are covered. You don't have to sacrifice everything you enjoy to save money, you just have to spend more time thinking and planning.
For example, if you want a cup of coffee you can get one for 30 Cents a cup.
This is just an example of how to still get what you Want and not spend all your money.
Iced Coffee for 30 Cents a Cup
- 10 oz container of Ground Coffee (good, Rich Roast)-Cafe Bustelo is a great choice
- 5 quarts Cold Water
- Half-and-half (healthy Splash Per Serving)
- Note: Can Use Skim Milk, 2% Milk, Whole Milk, Sugar, Artificial Sweeteners, Syrups...adapt To Your Liking!
1. In a large container, mix ground coffee with water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature eight hours or overnight.
2. Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds.
3. Place coffee liquid in the fridge and allow to cool. Use as needed. This makes enough for you to enjoy 20 cups of Iced Coffee.
4. To make iced coffee, pack a glass full of ice cubes. Fill glass 2/3 full with coffee liquid. Add healthy splash of half-and-half. Add 2-3 tablespoons of sugar and stir to combine. Taste and adjust half-and-half and/or sugar as needed.