Bachelors Degree Programs
The process to receive the Michigan Works! funds at Grand Valley State University can seem complicated. Read and follow the steps below carefully. They outline what you need to do.
Click on the "Step" you need above to receive additional information and instructions.
- Step 1: Determine if your program is eligible at GVSU
- Step 2: Apply to GVSU and get a G#
- Step 3: Obtain answers to these questions from your case worker.
- Step 4: Meet with an Academic Advisor to plan the classes you need to graduate.
- Step 5: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our federal school code is 002268.
- Step 6: Gather ALL paperwork that needs to be signed by a GVSU official from your caseworker. It must be brought to your appointment.
Once you have completed Steps 1 through 6 you may set up an appointment to finalize your paperwork. Depending on where you will take the majority of your classes determines who you will meet with.
Please note: Only make an appointment once ALL 6 steps have been completed. The counselors cannot help you finish your paperwork if you have not followed the correct process.