Step 2: Narrowing Choices By Gathering Information
Run a "What If" Degree Evaluation:
- Log on to myBanner.
- Click on Student tab.
- Go to Student Records.
- Click on myPath. Before running the " What If" option, you will need to know the type of degree for your major. See the Grand Valley catalog at the Degree Requirements link above.
- Click on the "What If" option on the left-hand side bar.
- Fill in the level of education, type of degree, and catalog year (the year you came to GVSU) from drop-down menu.
- Select a major or minor to add to chosen area of study.
- Click on "Process What-If" to run a " What-If" analysis.
When you are ready, here's how to Declare your Major:
- Log into myBanner
- Click Student
- Click Student Records
- Click Change Major
- Click Change Major 1/Program
- Select your major program and click Submit
- Click Change to New Program and you're all set with this step