RETURNING RA APPLICANTS
Thank you for your continued interest in supporting future generations of Lakers as a member of our team. Complete the following checklist to apply to be an RA for the next academic year.
|Talk to your current LCD/ALCD about the possibility of returning to the RA position next year.|
|View the staff selection timeline for the selection process.|
|Update your resume and either attend a Career Center Preparation Session or schedule an appointment with the Career Center.|
|If you're sure the job is right for you, Apply for Housing! This is a must to even be considered for the RA Job, even as a returner! You must also select a placement after applying, just in case.|
|Take the time to look at the essay questions (below) and pre-answer them. Remember that you have a limited amount of time to finish the application once you begin.|
|Think about where you would like to be an RA for the next year. Make sure you talk to the LCD & ALCD for that area to make sure there is a chance you could be an RA there next year!|
|Consider the three Mentor RA Positions – Academic, Citizenship, & Intercultural. Rank them in order of preference and consider why you selected the order you did.|
|Make sure you communicate with your LCD/ALCD at all times during this process to ensure this position is still right for you, you’re going to be in the right community and mentorship area.|
|Start and complete the application! Make sure you receive a confirmation.|
RETURNING RA ESSAY QUESTIONS
- What have you learned this year? What do you plan to learn by returning to staff? How are you going to challenge yourself as a returning staff member?
- What areas of the RA job would you feel comfortable training other RA staff in?
- Think about balancing the RA mentor position, your academics, and other organizations or initiatives that you will be involved in. What other responsibilities will you have next year, and how will you balance all of them?
- What are of campus would you most like to work in? Why?
- As a returning staff member you will opt into a mentorship area – Academic, Citizenship, or Intercultural. Please rank your interest in the mentorship areas in order of most (1) to least interested (3). Why did you select that particular mentorship area?
Page last modified September 27, 2012