Curriculum Materials Library
The CML has a variety of equipment and supplies available for patrons. Tours of the CML allow professors to showcase the items available in the CML for projects.
Kraft Art Paper (Bulletin Board Paper)
Eight colors (yellow, green, blue, red, white, black, brown, orange) of 36" wide bulletin board paper. Cost is $.30 per linear foot.
Punch holes in your papers and apply a plastic or spiral binding comb. Charge is $.50 for each plastic or spiral binding comb. Choose from a variety of diameters and colors. A clear binder cover is available for $.50 or we can help you create a cover with card stock.
The Ellison die cut machines allow patrons to punch out letters and shapes quickly and easily. There are 2" alphabet and four different 4" alphabet font sets available; with upper and lower case letters. We carry a wide assortment of die-cut shapes that are available for your use. There is no charge to use these machines; on site use only. Bring your own supplies, or purchase supplies at the CML. Check out the Ellison web site. It has a wonderful lesson plan tab that is a great source of ideas.
A list of the supplies available from the CML or for the Ellison machines is available on the "Supply List" link below.
Laminate materials up to 25 inches wide for $.75 per linear foot.
Poster making Machines
Feed an 8 1/2" by 11" sheet of paper into this machine and produce a 23" by 31" poster. Reproduces original material in one color on white, or white on one color. Standard paper is $1.75 per linear foot. If you would like to laminate the poster, the paper cost is $2.25 per linear foot, plus the laminating charge.
A full-color poster maker is also available at $5.00 per linear foot. The document desired to be printed must be a PDF file that can be pulled up on the computer to be printed. Both are connected to computers that allow for the creation of posters while at the library.
If faculty would like to bring classes to the CML, we will be glad to arrange an orientation of the facility. We offer several types of orientations, depending on the needs of the students and class objectives.
- A general orientation of the CML takes about 30-45 minutes. An explanation of the book collection, videos, and teaching aids available for checkout, use of the computer lab, and the proper use of the educational equipment is included. Questions are encouraged from your students.
- Orientations can be designed around the specific needs of the class.
- If faculty would like the class to do a project as a part of the visit, we will design the orientation around the specific resources they have in mind.
- If faculty would like the students to also receive library research instructions at the Steelcase Library, a combination orientation can be arranged.
Orientations involving a project or a combination orientation of the library takes more time. We try to work within the time constraints.
- Orientations are to be scheduled at least one week in advance.
- Faculty must attend the orientation with their class.
- Orientations are scheduled according to the convenience of the CML staff.
For more information, contact us via telephone or email: Donna Oster 616.331.7084 or email@example.com
Page Maintained by Rita Kohrman, Education Resources Librarian.
Page last modified August 27, 2013