Affiliate Faculty, Liberal Studies Department
Office: 104 Lake Ontario Hall
- M.A. in Philosophy, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. 2007
- B.A., Liberal Studies Major, emphasis in Intellectual History, Philosophy minor. GVSU. 2003
- Certificate International Program. Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Sevilla, Spain. 2003.
- Certificate Francophone Studies Program, Université de Provence, Aix-en-Provence, France. 2003.
- Certificate International Program, Université de Genève, Geneva, Switzerland. 2003.
- LIB 100
- LIB 314
- LIB 373
I’m interested in several different areas, particularly those that deal with ethics, aesthetics, political philosophy, and the intersection of these. I’m interested in dealing with how these fields deal with the problems with, and possibility of, human liberation. I have recently been interested in the non-subject-oriented ethics of Alain Badiou, as well as other anti-humanist approaches to thinking ethics and political arrangements, including the work of Michel Foucault, Giorgio Agamben, and Ernesto Laclau (among others). I am also very interested in the work of Theodor Adorno (particularly his problematizing of the subject/object distinction, and the relationship between aesthetics and instrumental reason) and the Frankfurt School in general, as well as the writings of other figures such as Hannah Arendt, G.W.F. Hegel, Immanuel Kant, and Friedrich Nietzsche.
Page last modified May 24, 2012