Grand Valley Continuing Education Units
- Documentation that shows participation in non-credit activities such as workshops, conferences, seminars, and training programs.
- Ten contact hours of direct training equals one CEU.
- Available for training and activities of non-profit and governmental organizations as well as for business and industry training.
Criteria for offering CEUs:
- Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event
- You must show evidence of an educational need
- Objectives or learning outcomes of the program
- An agenda with topics related to program objectives
- A vita/resume for the instructor(s), documenting education and experience in the area of instruction
- A sample set of any materials to be used as a part of the activity
- An example of the evaluation to be used
- An explanation of procedures for registration and validating attendance
- Documentation that the instruction will take place in an appropriate setting (lighting, seating, handicapped accessible, etc.)
After the instruction has been completed, the following must also be submitted:
- Registration Forms for participants and an original attendance record
- A summary program evaluation
Non-instructional time such as breaks, lunches, participant introductions, welcoming speeches and social events are not included when calculating CEUs. The University reserves that right to review programs for appropriate content and setting, and may decline to provide CEUs.
CEUs do not carry academic credit and cannot be used for progress toward a degree. A per person fee is charged for CEUs.
If your orgranization would like to apply for Grand Valley Continuing Education Units, please contact Eric Packer at (616) 331-7180 or email him at email@example.com
Page last modified February 10, 2011