Graduate Credit for Educators
Grand Valley Approved Graduate Academic Courses
- You must hold a bachelor's degree to enroll in PDP courses
- Your advisor or the agency granting certification determines acceptance of PDP courses for graduate program of studies or certification purposes
- Registration will occur on-site on the first day of class
- Registration cannot occur after a course is completed
- Schedules of PDP courses may be obtained through local school districts or the PDP office at GVSU
All PDP courses are offered for graduate credit only -
A minimum of 15 instructional contact hours are required for each academic credit offered
Reimbursement of tuition dollars:
a. District/agencies who offer five or more classes for the school year (spring/summer, fall, winter) with GVSU graduate students enrolled are reimbursed 35% of the tuition generated for each course offered.
b. Districts/agencies offering fewer than five courses are reimbursed based on class enrollment. Classes with enrollments of:
1-10 GVSU graduate students are reimbursed 15%
11-20 GVSU graduate students are reimbursed 25%
21 or more GVSU graduate students are reimbursed 35%.
- There is a cap of $2,700 for reimbursement paid to the district/agency for each course offered.
Download a 2009-2010 PDP Proposal and Approval Form now.
Page last modified May 6, 2010