As the Carnegie Foundation Classification describes, Curricular Engagement is:
- Institutions where teaching, learning, and scholarship engage faculty, students, and community in mutually beneficial and respectful collaboration.
- Interactions that...
- address community identified needs,
- deepen students' civic and academic learning,
- enhance community well-being, and
- enrich the scholarship of the institution.
Some examples of Curricular Engagement at GVSU include:
|Program Description and Link||Primary Community|
|Civic Studio||Grand Rapids|
|Community Working Classics||Grand Rapids & Muskegon|
|Socially Conscious Innovation||Holland|
|Spanish Story Telling||Grand Rapids|
|Women's Community Collaborative||Kent & Ottawa|
|Visionary Thinkers-Lib Studies||Traverse City|
Page last modified March 3, 2010