Laker Help Link
Signs of Dangerous Drinking
How much is too much?
If you consume alcoholic beverages, it's important to know whether your drinking patterns are safe, risky or harmful. A free, confidential online assessment is available at www.alcoholscreening.org
Warning Signs of a Possible Drinking Problem
- Drinking if you are underage
- Drinking if you have certain health problems or are taking any medications
- Drinking if you are pregnant
- Drinking and driving
- Drinking to cope with depression or anxiety
- Drinking if you have a personal or family history of alcoholism
- Drinking as a game or to get drunk
- Drinking on an empty stomach
- Getting drunk on a regular basis
- Lying about how much alcohol you are using
- Having frequent hangovers
- Experiencing "blackouts" (forgetting what you did while drinking)
- Having problems at school or getting in trouble with the law
If you are experiencing one or more of the above warning signs, help is available.
ACES (Alcohol Campus Education Services)
Counseling & Career Development Center
Visit the Recovery section of this web site.
Page last modified May 23, 2012