Laker Help Link
5-A-Day For Good Health
Fruits and vegetables provide a variety of essential vitamins and minerals, and may help prevent heart disease and several forms of cancer. The American Cancer Society recommends getting a minimum of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
Here are some tips to help you fit in 5 servings of vegetables per day:
- Snack on pre-cut veggies (carrots, celery, etc.)
- Add a salad to your lunch and/or dinner meal
- Add lettuce, tomato, cucumber slices, etc. to your sandwich
- Try grilled veggies as a side dish
- Drink a V-8 juice as a mid-day snack or for breakfast
- Add veggies to your casserole, lasagna, etc.
For more information visit www.eatright.org
Page last modified September 14, 2010