Kutsche Office of Local History
Holland Museum Web Design Internship
Staff Member: Kristina Wieghmink
Duration: Fall (Sept-Dec)
Location: Holland Armory, 16 West 9th Street, Holland, MI 49423
If interested please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Project Description: Holland Museum is offering an opportunity for a student or young professional to gain experience with redesigning and improving usability on the museum’s website, and improving web graphics and HTML/CSS techniques. The web design intern will improve his or her skills in website and graphic design, while learning about the inner workings of a professional nonprofit organization. The intern will be supervised by the Marketing Manager.
· Coordinate workflow operations with the Marketing Manager & staff to create a new website wire frame and graphics
· Convert PDF materials to HTML pages
· Create images with Adobe Creative Suite for online communication materials
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Must be competent in using the following software programs and languages and knowledgeable about their standard practices: HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite
· Must be able to communicate status and problems clearly and be able to effectively communicate and work within a team environment
Skills and Education Preferred:
· Young professional, grad student, university grad or current student focusing on computer programming, web design, or equivalent.
· Background knowledge or coursework with respect to web design, nonprofits, CMS.
Internship is unpaid. Academic credit can be arranged.
Page last modified January 10, 2013