KCON Office of Student Services
Student's Role & Responsibilities
- Give thoughtful consideration to your academic and career goals.
- Prepare a written list of questions before each meeting with your advisor.
- Initiate contact with an advising center and your assigned faculty mentor.
- Actively participate in the advising session.
- Ask questions! If you do not understand a policy or procedure, ask questions until you do understand.
- Know the Academic Calendar. Do not miss deadlines. Know when to register and drop or add courses.
- Schedule courses that are consistent with your educational goals and that will meet degree requirements.
- Academic advisors present you with options. You must accept responsibility for making final decisions on academic choices.
Page last modified June 20, 2012