Grand Valley State University faculty and staff are now eligible to use a variety of software at discounted prices.
SPSS Educational Options
IBM SPSS software is available in two options:
Free Version - Click here for Instructions
Individual Purchased Version - if additional functionality is needed over the free version above, you may purchase at an educational discount. You can get a copy for the Windows, Mac, or Linux operating systems. If you have a Mac make sure that you have an Intel processor in it and that you are running OS X 10.5 or higher before you order the software. Go to gvsu.onthehub.com and click on More Software to order.
ooVoo - The Sustainable Commute
Telepresence software is available at: http://www.gvsu.edu/oovoo
NOTE: Windows 7 is available for home purchase. For more details, go to http://gvsu.onthehub.com. Please compare prices, download/media options, and features before choosing the program and web site that is best for you.
Microsoft Software Home Use Program (HUP)
The Microsoft Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP) replaces the previous Work At Home (WAH) program. If you have previously checked out software under the WAH program you are not eligible for this program until you remove the previously installed software from your home computer.
Under the Home Use Program, faculty and staff who are users of qualifying applications at work (e.g. MS Office) may acquire a licensed copy of the corresponding Home Use Program software (e.g. MS Office) to install and use on a home computer at a reduced price. You may continue using HUP software while you are employed by Grand Valley State University and as long as the corresponding software you use at work has active Software Assurance coverage.
Software available through HUP includes:
- Word 2010
- Excel 2010
- PowerPoint 2010
- Outlook 2010
- OneNote 2010
- Groove 2010
- Publisher 2010
- Access 2010
- InfoPath 2010
The CTS Help Desk may not check out any version of MS Office to Faculty or Staff. All installation support and assistance will be provided by Microsoft and not by GVSU.
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program website:
- Go to https://hup.microsoft.com/
- Select the country to which you want your order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order Web site.
Enter your corporate e-mail address and insert the following program code: F4E85BA5DD
Note: This program code is assigned to Grand Valley State University for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization.
- You will receive an email in your GVSU email account with the details that you need to place your order.
- Place your order online, and it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs and applicable sales tax.
Microsoft Select Agreement
GVSU’s Microsoft Select Agreement provides faculty and staff with the opportunity to purchase a permanent license to a variety of software, including Microsoft Office, at a discounted price. In other words, this option allows you to use the software for personal use, regardless of your future GVSU employment status. The software that is available to you through Microsoft Select Agreement includes:
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Expression Blend
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2010
- Microsoft Math 3.0
- Inspiration 8.0
- Babylon 7
- SPSS Statistics 18 Faculty Pack
- Trend Micro AntiVirus plus Anti-Spyware 2009
To access GVSU’s Microsoft Select Agreement website:
- Go to http://gvsu.onthehub.com
- Click on the “Faculty/Staff” tab
- Click “Microsoft” to browse Microsoft Software or “More Software” to browse other software.
To register to purchase software through this website:
- Click “Sign in” at the top of the Web page
- Click “Register”
- Select “I have an institution issued email address” and click “Continue”
- Enter your GVSU faculty/staff e-mail address and click “Continue”
- Enter in the appropriate information and click “Register”
- Follow Web site instructions to confirm your e-mail address
We trust you will enjoy these benefits and look forward to your participation.
If you have any questions please contact the Help Desk at 331-2101 or by email at email@example.com.
Page last modified August 27, 2012