Set Default Applications
Click here to download a PDF version of this tutorial.
- Click on the Windows Icon on the lower left corner of your screen.
- Click on the Default Programs button.
- Click on Set Your Default Programs. It should be the top option.
- It may take a moment for the list of programs to populate, but once it is, you should see a window similar to the one below.
- Clicking on each program in the left panel will bring up a description of what the program is/does in the right pane.
- From here you can select Set this program as default to make it the default program for its specific purpose. For example, clicking Internet Explorer and setting that to default will make it the default Internet browser for your computer.
Selecting Choose defaults for this program will bring up a window like the one below and will allow you to specify in detail what file types you want to associate with the currently selected program. This allows you to fine tune what the default program compared to just simply clicking Set this program as default.
- When you are done, you can select OK and close the window.
Page last modified October 31, 2012