Checking Network Proxy Settings
Click here to download a PDF version of this tutorial.
- Click on the Windows logoin the bottom left of the screen.
- From here, click on Control Panel.
- If your Control Panel looks like the one below, click on "View network status and tasks" under the Network and Internet heading.
- From here, click on Internet Options in the bottom left.
- If your Control Panel Window looks like the one below, click on Internet Options.
- The Internet Options window that appears should look like the window below.
- Click on the Connections tab at the top of the window. You should be presented by a window like the one below.
- Click on the LAN settings button at the bottom.
- A window like the one below should appear.
- From here, look in the section labeled Proxy server. In this section, there should be no checkboxes checked. If there is a checkbox checked, uncheck it and click OK. Click Apply on the Connections tab window if you are able to and then click OK.
Page last modified October 31, 2012