Checking the Network Proxy Settings in Windows 7
Click here to download a PDF version of this tutorial.
- Click on the Windows logo in the bottom left of the screen.
- From here, click on Control Panel.
- If your Control Panel looks like the one below, click on "View network status and tasks" under the Network and Internet heading.
- From here, click on Internet Options in the bottom left.
- If your Control Panel Window looks like the one below, click on Internet Options.
- The Internet Options window that appears should look like the window below.
- Click on the Connections tab at the top of the window. You should be presented by a window like the one below.
- Click on the LAN settings button at the bottom.
- A window like the one below should appear.
- From here, look in the section labeled Proxy server. In this section, there should be no checkboxes checked or any information in the text boxes. If any of the checkboxes are checked and/or there is information in the text boxes, clear them out and uncheck the boxes.
- It is okay if the checkbox for "Automattically detect settings" is checked, but make sure that the "Use automatic sonfiguration script" box is unchecked.
- Click the OK button.
- Click Apply on the Connections tab window if you are able to and then click OK.
Page last modified May 29, 2015