Add and Remove Network Printers
Click here to download a PDF version of this tutorial.
Adding a Printer
- Open the Applications folder from the Go menu in Finder, dock, or Finder sidebar.
- Locate the GVSU Printers application and double click to open.
- A network drive will appear on the desktop called GVSU-PRINTERS. Double click to open.
- There will be three folders, one for your department, Public-Printers, and also XEROX Copiers. The XEROX Copiers are organized by building location.
- Inside of these folders, there will be a Macintosh-Printers folder. Double click to open.
- Double click on the printers you would like to add.
- If you receive an error while trying to add the printer, contact the IT Helpdesk at 331-2101.
Removing a Printer
- Open System Preferences, located under the Apple menu in the upper left corner.
- Click on Print & Fax
- Select the printer you would like to remove and click the minus button at the bottom to remove it.
Page last modified June 14, 2013