Guidelines & Considerations
You will encounter the following questions as you proceed with your media request through Grand Valley Media Services. Fees may be encountered depending on project, and referrals to outside professionals may be suggested.
Release form for advertising, publicity, and display materials: http://www.gvsu.edu/forms.pdf.
- Do you need and/or have copyright clearance for the media request?
- Do you need to limit the media created for academic purposes or specific academic course?
- Is authorization required to access the media?
- Is the intent archival, instructional or promotional?
- Who is your intended audience?
- What unit is requesting the video be made (include VP, Dean, Department and individuals)?
- How long will the video be?
- Will the video be one continuous take or will it need to be edited?
- Will the video require more than one camera?
- Will the video require additional lighting?
- Will the video require narration?
- Will the video require more than one person to speak to the camera?
- Do you have permission to film in the location desired?
- Are there any public safety considerations (placement of equipment, road closures, etc.)?
- Do you need a photograph release form?
What output is desired?
- GVSU Website
- What is the deadline for the video?
Page last modified April 8, 2014