How to create a guest wireless user account
Notes: Steps 1-5 only need to be completed the first time you use the Sponsor Portal. If you have already configured your email address, log into the Sponsor page and skip to Step 6.
If you have a large number of guests coming on campus you may create just one guest account and share that username and password with each of your guests.
To create a guest wireless user:
- Click on the Sponsor a Guest link; you will then be brought to the Guest Sponsor Portal.
- Enter your username and password in the appropriate boxes and click “Login”
- The Sponsor Portal: Getting Started page will appear, Click on “Settings Customization”
- Enter your email address in the “Sponsor’s E-Mail Address box”, and click “Save”
- On the left side of the screen click “Home”
- Click on the “Create Guest Account” link.
- The “Create Guest Account” page will open; this is where you enter the information about your guest. First Name, Last Name, Email address, and Phone Number are required. It is up to you if you want to enter the Company name or Optional Data. You must also select a “Time Profile”, this the length of time the guest should have access. The time ranges are 1, 3, and 5 days in length. The time starts when the guest user first logs on. Once you have entered the required information, click “Submit”.
- A new screen will appear showing the guest account was successfully created. You can now either select the print button to get a print out of this page, or the email button and this information will be emailed to the guest.
- Click the “Home” link on the left side of the page to be brought back to the Getting Started screen. From here you can click on the “Guest User Accounts List” to see all of the guest accounts that you have created and their status.
Page last modified September 26, 2012