Financial Questions Answered
The latest tuition rates can be viewed on the Grand Valley website under Financial Aid Cost of Attendance. Payment methods include: cash, credit card, demand draft, travelers checks or Western Union Business Solutions. Students must pay by the official deadline dates found on the website. First semester international students do not follow these payment deadline dates, as their tuition payment deadline will be the Friday before classes begin. If you are a first semester student, you will continue receiving emails regarding payment for your classes; however, you may disregard these emails since your classes will be held for you by the International Center. You can view your specific Grand Valley billing account through myBanner.
Grand Valley State University has partnered with Western Union Business Solutions to provide international students and their families a fast, easy, and affordable way to pay education costs online and in their own currency. This service allows you to pay locally from your home bank, saving you money on exchange rates and bank fees. Funds are credited directly to your bursar account in dollars in as few as two (2) business days.
What are the benefits?
- Use your own currency! Your full payment amount will still be received in U.S. dollars.
- Stop worrying about exchange rates. The rate is held in for 72 hours, so the full amount arrives every time.
- The exchange rate is very competitive when compared to your financial institution’s retail rates.
- There are NO transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or Grand Valley State University.
- Save on bank and credit card fees and use an affordable local bank transfer.
- Gain payment peace of mind knowing that your funds will arrive in full, on time and without deductions or delays.
Learn More Below:
- Grand Valley State University Student International Payment Information
- International Payment Instructions
- Currency Option List
- China Payment Options - English or Chinese
- Korea Payment Options
Scholarships and Loans:
On-Campus Scholarship All F-1 International Students that will have completed 12 undergraduate credits or 9 graduate credits at Grand Valley by the end of this semester are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Information will be emailed to students in January. Students submit an application to a committee chaired by the Director of International Students and Scholars Services. Questions should be directed to Kate Stoetzner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 17, 2017
Requirements to apply:
In order to be eligible for this application, you need:
- to have completed one full-time semester by the end of this April
- be an F-1 visa-holder (degree-seeking)
- plan to attend GVSU in the upcoming Fall semester
Please complete your application online. We are no longer accepting emailed or paper applications.
The application will require you to submit the following information:
- General Information about yourself
- Personal Essay on academic & career goals and involvement at GVSU
- Two references (we are no longer requiring recommendation letters)
- Information on your financial need
Off-Campus Scholarships There are many opportunities pertaining to private scholarships and grants. You will find the following websites helpful when researching alternative sources of funding: