To come to Grand Valley State University as a visiting international scholar, you should do the following:
1. Review the Grand Valley website for potential host faculty member.
2. Contact the professor you are interested in working with, requesting consideration for hosting, and send a copy of your CV and research interest topic. Be sure to indicate whether or not you are looking for funding.
NOTE: Grand Valley is unlikely to fund scholars who are contacting the university directly without receiving an invitation from a Grand Valley faculty member first.
3. If the Grand Valley faculty member is interested in working with you, he/she will discuss the research topic with you before submitting required information to the Dean and the International Center.
4. If Grand Valley is interested in having you as an international faculty member, you will receive an application from the International Center.
5. Complete and return the application to the International Center.
IF APPROVED: You will receive an official Letter of Invitation, as well as a DS 2019 form. You should then pay the SEVIS fee and make a visa appointment at the U.S. embassy in your country to begin the arrival process.
Page last modified January 29, 2013