Career and Scholarship Opportunities
Seasonal Intern Advisory Spectrum Winter 2018 Grand Rapids
November 15, 2017
Service Area: Advisory
Cost Center Name: Spectrum: Analy&Del
Start Year: 2018
Start Season: Winter
City: Grand Rapids
Job Description: KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”). KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 152 countries and have 189,000 people working in member firms around the world.
Practice Paragraph: What is Advisory? Visit this link
for a brief video description.
KPMG Advisory professionals work with clients to solve business problems in today’s rapidly changing marketplace. We leverage the knowledge and skills across our global network of firms to develop practical recommendations designed to help businesses work smarter, grow faster and compete stronger. We are trusted advisors to the world’s organizations in creating and protecting the sustainable value of their business. Become a KPMG Advisory professional and join a team of talented people with technical expertise, deep industry insight and an ability to get the job done.
KPMG Spectrum integrates the Firm’s broad array of knowledge and intellectual property into emerging technologies to deliver agile, repeatable solutions to clients. We build intelligent platforms to enable access to KPMG’s expertise on a real time/anytime basis to analyze challenges and opportunities, support decisions, and accelerate progress.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
• Assist the team with developing and delivering of client-facing reporting and analytics using proprietary tools as well as 3rd party software (e.g. Excel, Word)
• Provide reporting & analysis in support of various ongoing operational tasks
• Document existing business processes and offer ideas for process improvement and automation
• Research, document, and respond to client inquiries
• Communicate with 3rd parties located in multiple countries via phone and email
• Other ad hoc projects as assigned
•Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in management information systems, information technology, management, finance, communications, liberal arts or related field
• Adaptable with a willingness and ability to take on a variety of concurrent tasks
• Ability to identify a problem and enact a multi-step approach to research the cause and resolve
• Targeted graduation dates from December 2018 through December 2021
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Intern Verbiage: The KPMG Internship Program
KPMG’s internship program is designed to provide you with a valuable learning experience.
• Performance Management – At the beginning of your internship you set goals. To help you assess how you measure against your goals, you receive formal feedback from your supervisor, to help you identify strengths and areas for improvement.
• Technology –Your internship exposes you to KPMG technology and how we utilize technology everyday in our profession. You are also provided a laptop to utilize for the duration of your internship.
• Compensation – You receive a competitive salary during your internship.
• Explore Career Opportunities – By working in the field you have chosen, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path.
• Network – Meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
• Find Mentors – Certain individuals can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities that you can aspire to.
• Gain Experience – These days, employers look for more in a potential hire than just good grades. An internship experience is an opportunity for you to gain valuable experience that can help make you more marketable to employers.
To apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25285&siteid=5357&AReq=15702BR