Career and Scholarship Opportunities
Financial Planning & Reporting Internship
November 15, 2017
Internship Start Date (Suggested)
Internship End Date (Suggested)
Part Time/Full Time
Daimler Internship Overview:
Our team ensures Daimler’s leading innovation is built on a solid financial foundation. Daimler is producing the next generation of financial leaders within Global Corporate Finance.
Our Detroit based Finance & Controlling internship provides students with an in-depth exposure to various financial models and controlling methods. During the course of the internship, interns work alongside experienced controllers, within the U.S. and aboard, performing key controlling functions and reporting analysis crucial for steering a global company.
This internship is set up to provide the intern an opportunity to develop great networking and work relationships with colleagues locally, in various departments and other Daimler locations around the globe. Additionally, they will have exposure and hands-on experience with a variety of financial systems and methods that Daimler AG utilizes. This, along with many other aspects of the internship, gives our MBA interns a strong potential for a future full-time career.
Job Description (Used for Posting)
- Assist controllers in the financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation.
- Perform Ad Hoc EBIT Analysis
- Maintain key financial database and systems to ensure accurate reporting of business segment and departmental performance.
- Update systems as necessary for continued data integrity.
- Prepare various financial reports for management and analysis, as required.
- Assist in special projects as necessary.
- Support the operative budget planning process.
Job Overview (Used for Posting)
Responsible for analyzing and providing financial support to financial budgeting and reporting teams.
Degree Level (All that are Preferred)
Senior Undergraduate, Masters, MBA, Alumni
Basic Qualifications & Required Skills (Used for Screening Applicants)
- Availability period: 6 months, Full-time (40 hrs), Jan 2018 - June 2018
- Senior Undergraduate pursing degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
- Post-Graduate student pursing an advanced (Masters, Ph.D) degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Mathematics
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Good communication skills are required
- Proven leadership skills
- Familiarity with financial systems and multidimensional databases – SAP, Essbase, Hyperion
Spoken and written German language skills at business-level proficiency is a plus