Career and Scholarship Opportunities
Capital Planning Finance Internship
November 13, 2017
Internship Start Date (Suggested)
Internship End Date (Suggested)
Part Time/Full Time
Daimler Internship Overview:
Our team ensures Daimler’s leading innovation is built on a solid financial foundation. Daimler is producing the next generation of financial leaders within Global Corporate Finance.
Our Detroit based Finance & Controlling internship provides students with an in-depth exposure to various financial models and controlling methods. During the course of the internship, interns work alongside experienced controllers and analysists, within the U.S. and aboard, performing key reporting functions and reporting analysis crucial for steering a global company.
This internship is set up to provide the intern an opportunity to develop great networking and work relationships with colleagues locally, in various departments and other Daimler locations around the globe. Additionally, they will have exposure and hands-on experience with a variety of financial systems and methods that Daimler AG utilizes. This, along with many other aspects of the internship, gives our interns a strong potential for a future full-time career.
Job Description (Used for Posting)
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation.
- Coordinate Capital funding and NRE daily processes for projects.
- Maintain key financial database and systems to ensure accurate reporting of business segment and departmental performance.
- Update systems as necessary for continued data integrity.
- Prepare various financial reports for management and analysis, as required.
- Assist in special projects as necessary.
- Support the operative budget planning process.
Job Overview (Used for Posting)
Responsible for analyzing and providing financial support to our capex team and project managers
Degree Level (All that are Preferred)
Bachelors, Alumni, open to post-graduate
Basic Qualifications & Required Skills (Used for Screening Applicants)
- Availability period: 6 months, Full-time (40 hrs), Jan 2018 - June 2018
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program
- Must be a Junior or Senior currently pursuing (or completed within the last 12months) a 4-year degree in Business with a concentration in Finance, or Accounting; OR a 4-year degree with a major in Economics or Mathematics
- Basic knowledge of financial statements
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Good communication skills are required
- Proven leadership skills
- Familiarity with financial systems and multidimensional databases – SAP, Essbase, Hyperion
Spoken and written German language skills at business-level proficiency is a plus