IB Careers in Marketing
Marketing IB Professionals are involved in all of the four major areas of the marketing mix: Product, price, promotion and place. Career titles may include Marketing Manager—International and Emerging Markets, International Sales Manager, Marketing/Communications Specialist, etc.
Marketing Manager, International and Emerging Markets
The marketing manager is responsible for developing and executing a global marketing plan for a given product segment category.
- Develop brand and segment strategies through market analysis and stakeholder input.
- Collaborate with key subsidiaries to incorporate global market needs and feedback through consistent two-way communication.
- Execute global brand-building activities and develop global marketing tools, including brand and product advertising, and development of content with internal and external groups.
- Communicate franchise/brand and marketing strategies with stakeholders and the cross-functional team.
Marketing /Communications Specialist
Responsible for planning and implementing marketing communication activities for defined markets, products, and solutions based on defined business strategy and marketing plans. As part of a global marketing team, the incumbent is responsible for developing literature and sales tools, managing exhibitions and events, direct marketing, writing press releases, managing advertising programs and implementing web/on-line projects. He or she will ensure that all activities comply with global branding standards and will manage cultural adaptation of global material.
- Literature and Sales Tools Development: Assess the needs of the organization for literature and sales tools, manage development projects and ensure effective distribution. Typical projects include planning, creating messaging, writing promotional copy, managing photo shoots, ensuring compliance with visual identity guidelines and managing external agencies and internal teams to complete projects on time and in budget.
- Web and E-business Projects: Planning and creating web content including promotional writing, and development of web assets. This includes managing content for global and local websites and following all processes.
- Advertising: Manage print and digital advertising campaigns including the creation of a media plan, evaluating advertising effectiveness, selection of appropriate media, placement and measurement of results.
International Sales Manager
The International Sales Manager will be accountable for the execution and implementation of strategic initiatives to facilitate the sales process and productivity of a subsidiary office. The sales manager must be a motivated leader with exceptional business development skills to develop local market product plans, strategies, and direction. He will lead a sales team to achieve revenue growth and profitability.
- Utilize competitive information and product knowledge to increase market penetration by positioning of products.
- Assist the subsidiary offices in achieving defined business/technical and personal goals.
Research IB Careers in Marketing on the following websites:
Marketing Trade Journals:
Marketing Related Certification Programs:
Sample of GVSU Marketing Employers:
Information about the Seidman Marketing major.
Page last modified April 24, 2012