IB Careers in Accounting
Accounting IB Professionals are involved in all of the major areas of accounting: Public accounting, taxation, internal audit and management accounting. Career titles may include Internal Auditor, International Tax Manager, Audit Senior Associate, International Accounting Manager, Controller, etc.
International Tax Manager
Within the area of international tax, the goal of any organization should be to align global effective tax rate reduction and efficient global cash utilization with overall business strategy. Professionals in the international tax practice help multinational clients integrate tax planning into their overall business strategy and comply with both US and international regulatory requirements. Whether a company is engaged in a merger or acquisition, maintaining compliance with multi-jurisdictional business transactions, or streamlining multi-national supply chain, Deloitte Tax's international tax professionals concentrate efforts on international compliance, research, consulting and planning issues.
- Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their international operations.
- Coordinate U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy.
- Responsible for supervising assignments by Tax Consultants.
The Internal Auditor will work under the direction of the CFO to prepare and execute independent internal audits and evaluations including testing, evaluating internal control processes, business processes and internal control systems. Audits all financial and reporting processes for compliance with accounting rules and legal obligations. Develops, recommends and communicates plans for process improvements and techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
- Perform risk-based integrated audits (combined financial and internal control audits).
- Participate in planning and managing staff across simultaneous audits in multiple locations to accomplish annual audit plan. This position involves travel to both domestic and international locations. Can expect 40% travel.
- Review and evaluate the internal control environment and develop specific analyses of strengths and weaknesses, along with recommended improvements
International Accounting Manager
The International Accounting Manager will serve as the primary liaison between the company’s international operations and corporate accounting and finance functions, and will be responsible for: managing and coordinating the month- and quarter-end closes for the company’s international businesses; providing internal and SEC reporting support to local and international external auditors; partnering with the Controller to provide guidance on revenue recognition issues; ensuring GAAP and SOX compliance; and assisting with foreign currency activities
- Manage the preparation and consolidation of monthly financial statements and budgets, including foreign currency translation.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis, reports, account reconciliations, journal entries and year-end audit schedules.
- Assist in directing the day-to-day financial activities for international operations.
- Assist in establishing financial strategies, objectives and policies for international entities.
- Work with all areas of Finance (Credit, Collections, Tax, A/P, Analysis) to support financial operations of the branch.
- Analyze and provide management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress with various programs and activities.
Research IB Careers in Accounting on the following websites:
Accounting Trade Journals:
Accounting Related Certification Programs:
CPA - Certified Public Accountant
CMA - Certified Management Accountant
CIA - Certified Internal Auditor
Sample of GVSU Accounting Employers:
Information about the Seidman Accounting major.
Page last modified April 24, 2012