Prepare for Your Appointment
Welcome to GVSU!
Appointment Length - The typical Transfer Student Orientation Appointment will take approximately 2 hrs, please plan accordingly.
Parking and Directions - After you signed-up for your Transfer Orientation, the admissions office should have emailed a parking pass for you to print off. All parking lots on the GVSU campus require a parking permit. If you did not receive a parking pass please stop at the Public Safety Office, located just past the Alumni House as you come in the Main Entrance off M-45, they will give you a pass for the day. Your Transfer Orientation Appointment has been scheduled at the Brooks College Office of Integrative Learning and Advising, located in 133 Lake Michigan Hall, on the Allendale Campus. Please follow the LINK for directions to our campus and for a campus map.
What To Bring -
- Unofficial Transcripts - it’s very important that you bring an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) with you including any course work that is currently in progress. This way we can be sure you do not register for any duplicate work at GVSU. You will be required to follow up with an official transcript for the credits to be added to your GVSU record.
- Network Letter – you should have received a letter from Information Technology with all of your usernames and passwords on it to access GVSU technology systems. Please bring this with you to aid in your access to your academic record.
How To Prepare -
- Learn about the Brooks College Majors and Minors.
- Read the Advising Plan for the Brooks Major or Minor you are interested in.
- Familiarize yourself with the GVSU General Education Program requirements.
- Take a look at the GVSU College Catalog