BPS Core Events
- Student, Alumni/ Networking Mixer - September 10th, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Alumni House. This will be an opportunity for current students to network with alumni who have been through many of the same academic programs. Where are they now? How did they get there? What advice would they recommend? It’s a great way to learn from others and expand your network as the year gets underway. Food and drinks will be served. RSVP is required.
- Site Visit to the MDEQ in Lansing – October 17, 9:30am-1:00pm. This visit will allow students to learn about the internship/career opportunities at the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. Each year, they have many wonderful, project-based internship opportunities. What’s it like to work for a state organization? How does their work affect different areas in Michigan? What opportunities exist in the areas of Sustainability, Management, Health Sciences, and others? Lunch and transportation included. RSVP is Required.
- Post-Graduation Service Year Event - October 20, 2014, 4:00pm-5:30pm, Kirkhof Center, Room 2204. Interested in taking a year or two to explore the world, develop your skills, take on a new challenge, and give back to the community? If so, a service or gap year program may be for you! Find out about opportunities in the U.S. and abroad at GVSU’s inaugural Post-Graduation Service Year Information Session. Hear from fellow alumni about their experiences and meet representatives from organizations, including AmeriCorps, City Year, Peace Corps and Teach for America. More info? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-2468.
- Site Visit to the Grand Rapids Community Foundation – November 7, 9:30am-1:00pm, Foundation office in downtown GR. This visit will provide students with the opportunity to learn about the Community Foundation and all of the work they are doing to make GR a wonderful place to be. The organization itself plays many roles, from community engagement to development/financing. Students’ will be able to interact with a variety of individuals in the organization, and better understanding how the public/private sectors work together. Transportation and lunch included. RSVP Required.
Businesses and Organizations Who will be present at the event:
Dept. of Community Health
City of Grand Rapids
MI Dept. of Environmental Quality
Blanford Nature Center
- February 12th, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Kirkhof Center 2263- Developing your Personal and Professional Brand. Learn and practice strategies for articulating yourself to potential employers, as well as develop a better understanding of what you can do with your interests! Great preparation for the upcoming networking events and career fair. RSVP required
- March 16th, 6:00pm-8:00pm- Networking and Mixer in Muskegon (location TBD). A great opportunity for Muskegon-area Brooks students to connect with professionals and employers in the area! Professional dress and resumes encouraged.
- March 18th, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Alumni House- Networking and Mixer in Allendale. Come ready to make connections with area employers and professionals who want to learn more about Brooks students! Professional dress and resumes encouraged. RSVP required
- March 19th, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Alumni Panel and Career Development in Traverse City (location TBD). A great opportunity to hear from LIB alumni in Traverse city on what they’re doing. We will also be hosting professional skills workshops to help students develop and prepare for that next step!
- April 2nd, 5:00pm-6:30pm, BPS Awards Ceremony, Kirkhof Center, Room 2266. A chance to recognize and reward students for completing the BPS Certificate program! RSVP required