BPS Core Events
- Student, Alumni/ Networking Mixer - September 10th, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Alumni House. This will be an opportunity for current students to network with alumni who have been through many of the same academic programs. Where are they now? How did they get there? What advice would they recommend? It’s a great way to learn from others and expand your network as the year gets underway. Food and drinks will be served. RSVP is required.
- Site Visit to the MDEQ in Lansing – October 17, 9:30am-1:00pm. This visit will allow students to learn about the internship/career opportunities at the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. Each year, they have many wonderful, project-based internship opportunities. What’s it like to work for a state organization? How does their work affect different areas in Michigan? What opportunities exist in the areas of Sustainability, Management, Health Sciences, and others? Lunch and transportation included. RSVP is Required.
- Post-Graduation Service Year Event - October 20, 2014, 4:00pm-5:30pm, Kirkhof Center, Room 2204. Interested in taking a year or two to explore the world, develop your skills, take on a new challenge, and give back to the community? If so, a service or gap year program may be for you! Find out about opportunities in the U.S. and abroad at GVSU’s inaugural Post-Graduation Service Year Information Session. Hear from fellow alumni about their experiences and meet representatives from organizations, including AmeriCorps, City Year, Peace Corps and Teach for America. More info? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-2468.
- Site Visit to the Grand Rapids Community Foundation – November 7, 9:30am-1:00pm, Foundation office in downtown GR. This visit will provide students with the opportunity to learn about the Community Foundation and all of the work they are doing to make GR a wonderful place to be. The organization itself plays many roles, from community engagement to development/financing. Students’ will be able to interact with a variety of individuals in the organization, and better understanding how the public/private sectors work together. Transportation and lunch included. RSVP Required.
Businesses and Organizations Who will be present at the event:
Dept. of Community Health
City of Grand Rapids
MI Dept. of Environmental Quality
Blanford Nature Center
Winter 2015 (more details coming soon!)
- Developing Your Personal Brand - February 12, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Kirkhof Center, Room 2263.
- BPS Mixer - March 18, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Alumni House, Perry Dining Room.