Brooks College Integrative Learning and Advising
BPS Program Requirements
Brooks Professional Series
*Note- Regional Campus students may complete program by attending 2 CORE programs and 1 additional professional development program.
- Students will intentionally engage in meaningful, professional development opportunities in order to increase their preparedness (knowledge, skills, etc.) for post-grad opportunities.
- Students will connect with post-graduation opportunities at a higher rate due to their involvement in the BPS.
- Students will be able to articulate a more complete vision of who they are, what they want, and how they plan to get there, as evidenced by their work in capstone courses and self-reporting, among others.
- The BPS will increase interest and awareness from employers, students, and others about all that Brooks College and its students have to offer.
To receive your certificate of completion for 2013-2014, you must:
- Attend at least 4 of 6 CORE BPS programs. (See CORE programs on website)
- September 7th: The Brooks College Advantage
- September 18th: “Still haven’t found what I’m looking for”
- October 24th: “Networking: Putting it all together”
- October 28th: Emerging Connections: Making it Happen
- January 24th: Student to Professional Conference
- February 2013: Making Contact
Attend at least 2 supplemental programs outside the CORE BPS programs:
- September 12th: Non Profit Volunteer and Internship Fair
- September 24th: How to Find an Internship
- October 7th: Charting the Path to Graduate School
- October 8th: Study Abroad Fair
- October 8th & October 10th: Graduate School Fair
- October 15th: GVSU Fall Career Fair
- October 16th: Etiquette Dinner
- November 19th: I have a major, now what?!
- Connect and hold meeting with at least one “Mentor” during the year that you have met through the BPS. A list of mentors will be available through the Office of Integrative Learning and Advising.
- Provide a brief reflection on your experiences and impact that it has had.
For students completing these requirements, there will be a celebratory reception in March where they will receive a certificate of completion and will be offered the opportunity to serve as a mentor the following year. Students will also be included in the program planning for the following year. Core event attendance will be gathered. Other programs and mentor meeting will be verified and discussed in reflection.
Page last modified November 7, 2013