Brooks College Integrative Learning and Advising
BPS Program Requirements
Brooks Professional Series
- Students will intentionally engage in meaningful, professional development opportunities in order to increase their preparedness (knowledge, skills, etc.) for post-grad opportunities.
- Students will connect with post-graduation opportunities at a higher rate due to their involvement in the BPS.
- Students will be able to articulate a more complete vision of who they are, what they want, and how they plan to get there, as evidenced by their work in capstone courses and self-reporting, among others.
- The BPS will increase interest and awareness from employers, students, and others about all that Brooks College and its students have to offer.
To complete the certificate, you must attend SIX events, FOUR of which must be completed in the CORE.
*Regional Campus Students may complete the program by attending THREE events, TWO of which must be completed in the CORE.
Upon completion of the program, students will complete the certificate completion form by Friday, March 21st, 2014. If you plan on attending "Daring Greatly" which occurs after the deadline, please select the box on the form and we will keep records of attendance. Award recipients will be notified and will be invited to attend the BPS Awards and Recognition event on Thursday, April 3rd, 2014.
CORE BPS Programs:
- The Brooks College Advantage (9/7/13)
- "Still haven't found what I am looking for?" (9/18/13)
- Networking Preparation Workshop (10/24/13)
- Emerging Connections- Networking Opportunity (10/28/13)
- Student to Professional Conference (1/24/14)
- Site Visit-Family Futures (1/31/14)
- Site Visit- GROW (2/5/14)
- Site Visit- Herman Miller (2/14/14)
- Connecting to Your Professional Community (3/19/14)
- "Daring Greatly" (3/31/14)
SUPPLEMENTAL BPS Programs:
- Fall Non-Profit/Volunteer Internship Fair (9/12/13)
- How to Find an Internship (9/24/13)
- Charting the Path to Graduate School (10/7/13)
- Study Abroad Fair (10/8/13)
- Graduate School Fair (10/8/13, 10/10/13)
- GVSU Fall Career Fair (10/15/13)
- Etiquette Dinner (10/16/13)
- "I have a major, now what!?" (11/19/13)
- Winter Non-Profit and Volunteer/Internship Fair (1/16/14)
- "I have a major, now what!?" (2/3/14)
- GVSU Winter Career Fair (2/11/14)
- Summer Job Fair (3/13/14)
- Strengths Based Leadership Seminar (3/22/14)
If you have a specific question about your completion, please email Jeff Domagala.
Page last modified March 18, 2014