Division News & Statements
Event features panel of women in politics
October 23, 2017
(This story originally appeared on GVNow)
Women who hold leadership roles will discuss challenges, opportunities and the importance of women in politics during a panel discussion October 25.
"Democracy 101: Women in Politics" will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. in room 215 of the Eberhard Center. The event is free and open to the public.
The event is part of Democracy 101, a series that focuses on public issues and democratic principles, processes and history.
- Rep. Winnie Brinks, State of Michigan House of Representatives
- Commissioner Ruth Kelly, City of Grand Rapids
- Sonya Hernandez, Hispanic-Latino Commission of Michigan
- Lupe Ramos-Montigny, State of Michigan Board of Education
- Wendy Falb, Grand Rapids Public Schools Board of Education
The event is co-sponsored by the Community Service Learning Center, Office for Integrative Learning and the Gayle R. Davis Center for Women and Gender Equity.
For more information, click here http://www.gvsu.edu/service/democracy-101-a-series-of-critical-conversations-181.htm
For More Information Contact: Leah Twilley in University Communications - 616-331-2221