Exempt Ethical Research Standards
If categorized as exempt, human subject research still has to follow ethical research standards.
- Risks to participants are minimized and reasonable in relation to anticipated benefits, if any.
- Selection of participants is equitable.
- The circumstances of consent minimize coercion and undue influence.
- Provisions for protecting the privacy interests of participants are adequate for the level of risk.
- If personally identifying data are recorded, the data management plan is appropriate for maintaining participant privacy and data confidentiality including the storage, transmission, use, archiving and final disposition of all data.