How to Calculate Salary Continuation
This provides you with a way to approximate a salary continuation balance.
**These guidelines assume the staff member has available Salary Continuation. (Staff with 1 or more years of service receives 20 days and staff with 6 months of service receives 1 non-cumulative day per month).
- Open the calendar in ultra time
- Locate the most recent 5 full consecutive work days; this mean the salary continuation balance has restored to the 20 days/160 hrs
- Add up the hours of salary continuation used
- Subtract the hours of salary continuation used from the 20 day/160hr balance
- The remaining number of hours is the salary continuation balance
- The balance will continue to be reduced by the number of salary continuation hours used
- When 5 full consecutive days have actually been worked the balance will restore to 20 days/160 hours
Page last modified September 7, 2011