Title: Media Services Assistant - Grand Rapids-Pew Campus
Department: Information Technology
Provides technical support services to Continuing and Distance Education by monitoring instructional technologies.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Operates, tests, and monitors distance learning media (ITV classrooms, telecourses, web page, satellite, multi-site conferencing bridge software and terminal.)
Identifies equipment malfunctions and performs minor repairs.
- Works with vendors to resolve equipment issues.
- Operates the event scheduling system.
- Provides technical support for non-credit use of learning technologies.
- Assists in the training, coordination, and scheduling of student employees.
- Provides technical support for satellite downlinks and other Conference Services technical needs.
- Addresses technical emergencies.
- Scheduling Eberhard Center media equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of media supplies, A/V resources, Distance Learning equipment, and the video library.
- Supervise student employees. Acts as a lead worker for other hourly technical staff.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of less than 5% of your job.)
- Maintains inventory of equipment for Continuing Education.
- Training of faculty and conference services guests in the use of classroom instructional technologies (computers, data projectors,
- VCR`s, monitors, overhead projectors, etc.)
- Maintains the facility kiosk.
- Maintains backup sources for equipment.
- Recommends equipment purchase and replacement.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate or two-year technical degree.
- Minimum of four years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work, and coordinate work activities of others.
- Working knowledge of A/V production equipment, systems design, electronics, and audio systems with strong computer skills.
- Demonstrated experience to recognize equipment malfunctions and make minor repairs
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Bachelor`s degree.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Desire to stay current with technological advances in related fields.
- Desire to pursue further educational goals.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Supervised by Director of Distance Education but also expected to work both independently and cooperatively with other technical staff to apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Supervision Exercised: (Who do you supervise?)
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and act as a leader to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division.
Revised Date: November 2010
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.