Title: Copy Services Technician
Department: Copy Center
Manage the production process using on-line systems, digital copiers, and finishing equipment to produce high quality materials that further the educational mission of the University. Assist in the management of convenience copiers, the collection and receipting of funds, and the supervision and repair of copier management systems.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Intercept electronically transmitted and walk-up duplication materials and forward to the appropriate equipment for the most efficient processing.
- Oversee and maintain the copier workflow/accounting management software.
- Make editing and archival decisions on selected jobs in cooperation with customers.
- Determine daily production schedule to insure project completion by deadline.
- Perform adjustments and minor repairs to copy machines and finishing equipment.
- Monitor inventory of paper and other supplies and reorder as required.
- Instruct student employees in proper equipment procedures and safety measures and direct their work.
- Maintain operational logs and generate equipment usage spreadsheets as required.
- Assist in the collection and receipting of convenience copier funds, and respond to customer requests for repairs to convenience copier card systems.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of less than 5% of your job.)
- Assist customers with design/layout decisions for the best production result.
- Run monthly reports and create files for upload to the University accounting system.
- Recommend replacement, repair, and purchase of suitable equipment.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of one year related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated ability to operate high-volume duplication equipment and related software.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent mechanical skills.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as a lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division.
Revised Date: November 2002
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.