Title: Customer Service Clerk/Records Phone
Responsible for assisting individuals on the phone and providing clerical support for the Admissions/Records customer service operation.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Assists students on the phone.
- Provides information and completes transactions as required by students.
- Answers primarily the 1-800 (toll-free) phone lines -- answer questions, transfer calls to appropriate department and staff, take inquiries, register students, etc.
- Interprets regulations and procedures and responds appropriately.
- Assists in loading of 2-year college/university transcripts.
- Assists in identifying and removing duplicate records on the database.
- Assists in mailing of admissions correspondence, diplomas, degree analyses, and other various mailings as needed.
- Assists in coding applications in preparation for keying.
- Assists in identifying and loading of high school core requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works at commencement.
- Works at registration events.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two years related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Keyboard proficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Some college and mailroom related experience.
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.