Title: Customer Service Clerk-Operations, Center for Health Sciences
Department: Operations - Cook DeVos Center for Health Sciences
Job Summary: (Short summary of job duties - 1 to 2 sentences)
Provides clerical support for the Reception/Information Desk for Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Answer or refer general inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and the general public regarding policies and procedures, university events and concerts, campus facilities, direction, locations, general university information, and other routine inquiries.
- Represents the Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences by receiving visitors, answering questions, providing them with information and directing them to the correct location.
- Responds to customer requests, questions and complaints. Resolves problems relation to the Pew Campus Operations policies and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between the university and the community.
- Performs general clerical duties such as typing, filing, copying, ordering supplies, etc. for Pew Campus Operations.
- Responds to parking lot call button and monitors when loading dock personnel is unavailable.
- Receives, opens, and routes mail addressed to generic Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences.
- Coordinate and maintain informational area with pamphlets, brochures, class schedules, catalogs, forms, bus schedules, and other public information.
- Issuing and maintaining of building access cards. Updating and keeping of detailed records.
- Perform special projects and/or clerical duties for Pew Campus Operations Department.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Pew Campus Operations Department.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of less than 5% of your job.)
- Assist in coordinating special events.
- Assists with preparation of contractor invoices for payment by Operations staff.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two years of related experience and/or relevant training.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type 45 wmp accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy rate).
- Experience with various computer software applications.
- Ability to work independently and seek additional assignments when time allows.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and electronic calendar software.
- Willingness to learn to use other software packages as they become available.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
Revised Date: March 2003
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.