Title: Customer Service Clerk - Records
Job Summary: (Short summary of job duties - 1 to 2 sentences)
Responsible for performing service counter operations and providing extensive customer service support through the Student Assistance Center.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Assists individuals on the phone and in person. Provides information and completes transactions as required by students.
- Works at the service counter - answers questions, receives and provides paperwork for responding to customer needs and performs typical administrative functions such as: registering students, cashiering operations, providing admissions information, providing transcripts, running degree audits, etc.
- Interprets regulations and procedures and responds appropriately.
- Registers students.
- Runs unofficial transcripts and degree audits.
- Responsible for maintaining and balancing a cash drawer.
- Counts coin for deposit for the University.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of less than 5% of your job.)
- Works at commencement.
- Works at registration events.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two years related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Keyboard proficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college and banking related experience.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
- Assistant Registrar
- Head Cashier
Supervision Exercised: (Who do you supervise?)
Revised Date: July 1998
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.