Title: Copy Services Clerk
(Short summary of job duties - 1 to 2 sentences) Provides daily support duties for Copy Services, including the Copy Center and convenience copiers.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Provide quality customer service, clarify document preparation, copying and finishing services available, schedules, rates and procedures and accommodate various customer needs.
- Coordinate the successful preparation of documents to be copied including evaluation of the work to ensure that it is completed in the most timely and cost effective manner.
- Contact for all customer service including phone calls, suppliers, walk-ins, and visitors.
- Hire, supervise and schedule student employees.
- Guide customers in the clear and accurate preparation of Copy Center work orders.
- Evaluate completed work orders and follow up to clarify information.
- Direct service calls for convenience copiers and copy cards to appropriate individual.
- Coordinate special arrangements for requests from customers for all manner of changes to original requirements.
- Bill completed projects for special requirements to include the confirmation of supplier invoices against purchase orders, comparison of cost to quotes, follow up on billing questions, and to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the invoices to customers, etc.
- Log in printing jobs and direct to contract agent for printing.
Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of less than 5% of your job.)
- Confirm student hours and prepare all personnel time cards for approval.
- Distribute mail.
- Arrange for office equipment maintenance.
- Arrange meetings, meeting notes, memos, faxes, etc.
- Recommend replacement, repair, and purchase of suitable equipment.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School graduate.
- Minimum of two years related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain satisfying work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type 45 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Proficient in various computer software applications.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Experience in higher education.
- Print preparation & production experience.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
Supervision Exercised: (Who do you supervise?)
May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
Revised Date: October 1998
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.