Title: Accounting Clerk
Department: Accounting Business Office
Provides daily support duties for Student Accounts/Accounting Office.Primary Duties & Global
- Uses various methods to collect debts owed to the University.
- Processes the referrals of delinquent accounts to collection agencies.
- Processes and reconciles all benefit billings for payment.
- Assists the Payroll Office in preparation of student payroll during the academic year.
- Interprets information from computerized records systems and answers questions.
- Relieves the receptionist and bank desk clerk during breaks, vacations and salary continuation.
- Processes student account payments.
- Assists on the Billing Hotline.
- Enters data to the appropriate mainframe system.
Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and processes out-going mail and checks for distribution.
- Reviews the outstanding encumbrances and vouchers lists for accuracy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two years related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type 45 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Experience with various computer software applications.
- Experience with various computer software.
- Data entry experience.
- Some college course work.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience with mainframe applications.
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.