Title: Accounting Clerk-Student Accounts Front Desk
Department: Accounting Business Office
Job Summary: Provides daily front desk support duties for the Student Accounts Office including answering phones, assisting walk-ins and collections.
Responsibilities - Essential Functions:
· Answer calls on Billing Hotline
· Answer emails sent to the department by parents and students on a daily basis
· Assist walk-ins
· Monitor, order and maintain an adequate amount of office supplies
· Oversee and assist student workers and temporary employees
· Train new student workers and temporary employees
· File documents (1098Ts, Promissory Notes)
· Monitor the delinquent report- make calls and send letters as necessary
· Process student account payments.
· Process returned mail
· Process requests from Canadian students to fill out Canadian tax forms
· Scan documents and enter data into the Onbase System
· Other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Education:
· High school graduate.
· Minimum of two years of collections experience and/or relevant training.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
· Ability to operate office equipment.
· Ability to provide quality customer service.
· Ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with various computer software applications.
· Data entry experience.
· Experience in higher education.
· Experience with Banner Software
· Some college course work.
Revised Date: November 2013 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.